.jpg)
.jpg)
(The had to shave her little arm for the blood work and IV's I requested.)
That night, when Jordan got home from work, she wouldn't leave our sides. She kept sleeping off and on, but was always snuggled right up next to us. In one of the pictures, you can see her cut on her belly. Poor baby. I love how her little arms are crossed though, so cute.
.jpg)
.jpg)
The second day, apparently the wound was beginning to heal, meaning that it was itching her like crazy. She kept trying to lick it and stuff, so we finally had to put a cone on her for a while. It was so sad, she felt like we were punishing her. She kept looking at me with her head down and sad eyes, but I wasn't going to risk her making her wound infected or something. She also kept running into stuff, it was so sad! But me and Jordan were laughing pretty good I must admit.
.jpg)

I started giving her some medication they gave me for pain and inflammation. This is a good and bad thing. The good side is, the swelling goes down and she doesn't feel like she needs to lick it all the time, but bad part is, she feels awesome and forgets that she has a big cut on her abdomen and goes running around the house like a wild woman. I have had such a hard time keeping her down and quiet like they told me to. Plus, she is going stir crazy being at home all day long. She is used to getting her walk every day, going to work with me, and playing in the back yard, none of which she is allowed to do right now. Poor thing. It's making me stir crazy too! This is my first day back to work since the surgery and we are both so happy to be out of the house. I can't wait until next week, when we can start going back to our regular routine and excersizing! Other than that though, she has been doing great and the surgery went great, no problems. I'm happy to have her home with me and see that she is her usual self and nothing has changed! I love my puppy girl!
1 comment:
Oh you poor dears! Being stuck in the house is never fun, especially for a dog. Rachelle, you're such a good mommy to stay at home with her! And the cone is too funny! I remember my cats getting declawed and they had these bandages on their feet for a while and every time they'd take a step they would shake their feet to try to get the bandage off. Too funny to not laugh, but you can't help but feel bad too! Well, I hope she finished healing well!! Love ya!
Post a Comment