Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random-ness

So here are a few things that I've been working on, etc. the last couple of weeks that I wanted to share! They are all totally random things/photos, so I'll just go in order.

Recently I inherited this table from my parents (as I have a lot of my furniture). My parents got it from my dad's parents and just stained it a different color. When they finally got a new table, they offered this one to me. I was happy to take it because my living room is looking a little bare (I still have more pieces that I would like to add in time). I had fun finding things to decorate it with around my house. The standing book that you see is a book my dad had made of Jordan and I's best wedding photos. It was fun to have somewhere to finally display it.

As mentioned in a previous post, Jordan's Subaru lease was up so we had to begin the search for a second vehicle. We didn't want anything fancy, just an on-the-side vehicle that we could take camping and eventually pull a trailer with. Jordan looked for MONTHS before his lease was up and we were feeling very discouraged. Then my dad calls one day saying his OCD neighbor was selling his old Explorer, so we went and checked it out. It's in emaculate condition and incredibly low miles, so we couldn't pass it up. So far we love it- plus our insurance and car payment went WAY down so that's always a plus! :)

Summer is here! So of course I've planted a bunch of flowers. I didn't take pictures of all of them, just the main ones. These two pictures are from my front yard and front porch. I have a bunch in my back yard too. :) I went a little more simple this year because I'm just too busy for the upkeep. Oh well! At least I still have color.



This past month, my little brother EJ graduated from high school. I can't even believe it! Makes me feel so old! haha Anyway, for his senior trip, my parents took him on a two week cruise to see Russia, Estonia, Germany, Denmark and a bunch of other places. It looked freakin awesome. I was totally jealous. This is a picture of the presents they brought back to me from Russia. Aren't they awesome?!

So I went to decorate my house for the 4th of July and this is what I found. I didn't realize my 4th of July decor was so sad! haha so this is my 4th of July CORNER. Pretty pathetic. I will have to build this collection for next year.

This is me and Sadie starting off the long 4th of July weekend right! We are so happy that we get three days off to relax! We don't have any solid plans yet, and that's ok with us. I think we plan on BBQing and maybe going to the fair, but that's it. Our neighbors always do fireworks, so we'll probably just watch those. And that's ok with us. We've been so busy lately that we hardly have any time to just sit and relax. So that's just what we plan on doing. :)


And now I've saved the best for last....I've got GREAT news!!! I found out this week that I PASSED my certification exam!! I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear this news. I've been so stressed about it for months. It's such a big deal and anyone who has interned at Primary Childrens has never failed it before so there was a lot of pressure on me! Not only am I relieved, but I'm SOOOOO excited too! I finally have my credentials!! I am now Rachelle Tandrian, CCLS. Yay! In a few weeks, I should be recieving my certificate in the mail so I can frame it and hang it next to my degree. Wahoooooo!!! :) All I have to take a picture of right now is my badge for work, but you get the idea! Yipppeeee!!!!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

congrats!! I knew you would pass!

Tasty Tidbits said...

Thanks Coleen!! I was so worried about it, I'm glad to have that off of my shoulders! :)