Our 4th of July was wonderful! Our original plan was to go camping, but that didn't end up working out, so we filled our weekend with fun activities and relaxation instead. :) On Friday, my blood pressure dropped due to dehydration, so it was probably a good thing we didn't go camping! So Friday night, we just stayed in and hung out while I nursed myself into better health. Saturday, we started the day off with going to see Eclipse. (my second time seeing it) I wanted Jordan to see it because he's gone with me to see the other two and I thought this one was the best so far, so I didn't want him to miss it. Then we decided to hit our local carnival. It was great! They had big rides, games, stage entertainment, food courts, small petting zoo area, corvette show and all kinds of fun! We ended up staying there for a couple hours just the two of us! It was so much fun. I really wanted to take a stuffed animal home, so I played the throw a dart at balloon game and won a small one, and then me and Jordan played this shooting game and together, we won a medium sized one! So I was happy! We got some lunch and watched the stage entertainment for a little while, then decided to walk around some more. We were looking at the animals at the petting zoo area and around the side I noticed this tiny little baby goat sticking his head out of the fence so he could get the good grass to snack on. It was so cute! Then we got some cotton candy and headed home. We watched Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief that evening, which wasn't bad I might add. We were going to head back to the carnival for fireworks that night, but we ended up being too tired to go out again, so we just watched what we could from our back yard. (We live just around the block from where the carnival was.) It was a very fun day! All the pictures that I have from the whole weekend are from the carnival!







On Sunday, we had Jordan's mom and sister over for a BBQ. It was so yummy. We made Philippine style pork kabobs, pasta salad, chips, and a fourth of July cake for dessert! I didn't get a picture of my cake this year, but it's the one I make every year. Just a simple white cake with cool whip frosting and strawberries and blueberries in the places of stars and stripes. It's fun. :) That was a lot of fun. His sister brought over a bunch of Fourth of July trivia questions that we had fun trying to answer. I was surprised at how much I didn't know! I better get studying on my history. :) The rest of the evening was spent relaxing with good conversation and watching our neighbors' fireworks (which made a huge mess in my back yard...they had bottle rockets and everything).
Monday, we finished off the weekend with going to see The Last Airbender 3D. We both had been wanting to see it. Unfortunately Jordan was completely disappointed. I on the other hand enjoyed it! I thought it was M. Knight whatever's best movie in a while! I was entertained anyway. :) Then we came home and BBQ'd hamburgers just us two. It was such a nice weekend. Just enough fun and time to relax too. Sadie didn't like the fireworks much, she wanted to bark everytime she heard one go off. Pretty funny. My parent's dog (who we were watching for the weekend) was scared out of her mind and trembling poor thing. Oh well. Me and Jordan had a great time! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well! Happy Fourth of July 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment