Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm so proud.

I'm so proud of myself! To start from the beginning, after I graduated, I began to feel all this nervous energy...like I was forgetting to do something. Being in college you start to lose your mind sometimes because there is ALWAYS something to do...homework, study, write a paper, study some more, etc etc (all you fellow students know what I mean)! And after I graduated all that was gone and I was super anxious all the time not knowing what to do with myself...I wasn't used to so much free time! (You would think it would just be lovely, which it was, but definitely not something I was used to.) So I called my mom up one day and was like, "Is there a hobby I can pick up or something to keep me busy for a while?" So she helped me come up with the idea of crocheting an afghan! So the actual project started with me just crocheting one for my living room (which is 97% completed), but it got put on hold because when I found out one of my great friends was having a baby boy, I suddenly got this wonderful idea to make a baby blanket and baby beanie! (I'm so clever aren't I?) So I figured with this new skill of mine, I would make a really heart felt gift for her first born baby boy. I really hope she likes it. I think it turned out pretty cute for my very first completed blanket!! (I've made a beanie before so that's nothing new.) :) It's very simple I know, just blue and white and a basic stitch, but I'm just learning and this is all I know how to do! But I'm still excited! I almost can't believe I did it because I've never been crafty in the least bit my whole life. This is pretty amazing in the history of Rachelle. Take a look! What do ya think?




(It's a pretty decent size too!)

2 comments:

Deno'N'Mo said...

Precious! I am so impressed! Job well done!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

That is so awesome. It looks really comfortable!!!!